full length play, IN DEVELOPMENT
Tanya, her fiancé John, and her teenage daughter Abby check into a borrowed beach house for their first family vacation. Abby orchestrates an invitation for her biological father Tom to join them, hopeful that her parents can reconcile in time for her high school graduation. When Tom arrives with new girlfriend Alisha, the ensuing fight between Tom and Tanya triggers previous traumas. Can this family confront their past, "deal and heal?"
Inspired by American regional theatre “kitchen-sink beach house family dramedies,” Teen Dad is a comedic exploration of trauma and recovery in a mixed race Black and Latinx family.
- 2018 - National Black Theatre (NYC), reading
- 2018 - Heckle Her Productions (Tulsa, OK), reading
- 2017 - Echo Theatre (Dallas, TX), reading
- 2016 - Live Girls! Theater (Seattle, WA), reading
- 2014 - Heckle Her Productions (Austin, TX), reading
- 2017 - Finalist, Inkslinger Playwriting Competition
- 2014 - ScriptWorks Seed Support Grant